Mmm… bacon. There is something magical about the combination of bacon and chicken. (Or bacon and just about anything!) Add a simple and delicious Honey-Chipotle Glaze with just a hint of lime and you have a tantalizing meal on the table in no time for that hungry crowd that always starts to clamor for dinner at the same time every night!
With just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation you have a delicious meal on the table that will stimulate all of your senses and please everyone in the family. The skewers can be assembled ahead of time, which makes them great for a party or potluck. Just assemble, mix up the glaze, and then bake or grill them right before it is time to serve.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into big bite-size chunks
- 1 pkg (12 oz) bacon, cut strips in half (I like Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon)
- 1/2 C raw local honey
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Chipotle pepper (add more or less, to taste)
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to assembling (this keeps them from charring when cooked.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a piece of chicken and thread onto the skewers. (Make sure to leave room to pick them up and turn them.) Repeat until all chicken and bacon is used up.
- Mix glaze ingredients together and generously brush over each skewer being sure to coat entirely.
- Place the skewers on a cookie rack that is set inside a cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- If desired, brush on more glaze and finish by broiling to crisp up the bacon. (Watch it carefully- it is very easy to burn!)
- The skewers and glaze can each be assembled ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to cook and enjoy!
- We enjoyed this served with roasted zucchini and salads.